Ultimaker Filament PVA
Last price found today 08:15 hour
PVA (Polyvinyl Alcohol) is a water-soluble support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. With a good thermal stability, the Ultimaker PVA filament is ideal for the printing of complex models that require support structures due to large overhangs, deep inner cavities and intricate geometries.
Designed for a seamless 3D print experience, PVA of Ultimaker ensures good adhesion to PLA as well as Nylon.
- Good thermal stability results in better resistance against decomposition in comparison to other PVA filaments.
- Less sensitive to moisture compared to other PVA filaments
- Good adhesion to PLA as well Nylon
- Safely dissolve in normal tap water; thus, there are no harmful chemicals required
- Biodegradable without dangerous byproducts
Ultimaker's PVA filament is delivered on a spool with 1.7 lb (750 gram) PVA material with a diameter of 2.85 mm. This filament is only available in the color transparent.
All Ultimaker 3D printers use an open filament system. This allows you to also use 3D print materials from suppliers other than Ultimaker. Although, in general Ultimaker's own filaments will ensure the best print quality.
Ultimaker makes use of Cura, their own freeware slicer software, that is free for use. Cura is open source and through this the Ultimaker community continually improves the program further. With the many standard profiles that you can select, making use of the different sorts of filaments and thus, also the support material PVA, becomes very easy.
Also check out our special about all 3D print materials: 'What 3D filament print materials are there and what are the differences?'
ULTIMAKER FILAMENT PVA
- 3D print technique: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Filament system: Open Open/closed
- Heated printbed: Yes
- Melting temperature: 374-410 / 190-210 degrees Fahrenheit/Celsius
Is there is a filaments set you like us to add to our price comparison? Send us an email so we can add your favourite product to our list.