Ultimaker 3 Extended
Last price found Wednesday 6 Dec 11:15 hour
Review Ultimaker 3 Extended
No Dual Extruder
No wireless printing
4 companies that have written a review about the Ultimaker 2+ give a total of 7.3 as average grade.
Score (7.3/10 - 4 expert)
See the review
The new Ultimaker 3 Extended is the big brother of the new Ultimaker 3 and quite an improvement over its predecessor, the Ultimaker 2+ Extended. The most important addition is the second extruder, which allows you to print with two materials at the same time.
Because of this and because the printhead and the heating printbed can manage higher temperatures, you can also use aside from PLA, ABS, PETG, Nylon a host of other flexible filaments like PVA, HIPS and PolySupport. Just put the object after printing into normal water and the support materials will easily melt away with excellent results; fast and without endless scraping and sanding.
- Layer resolution of up to 20 micron with a 0.4 mm nozzle
- Maximum build volume of 8.5 x 8.5 x 11.8 inches (215 x 215 x 200 mm)
- Heatable printbed with active bed-leveling
- Print temperature of up to a maximum of 536 degrees Fahrenheit (280 degrees Celsius)
- Replaceable print cores
The exterior and the way the printer is built hasn't been significantly changed by Ultimaker. The maximum print size of 8.5 x 8.5 x 11.8 inches (215 x 215 x 200 mm) (when in use with a nozzle; 7.8 x 8.5 x 11.8 inches) is a little smaller compared to the 2+ Extended, but normally that should be enough for most objects that you want to print.
With two new fans and protective grids the Ultimaker 3 has a stronger and more silent ventilation. While the Ultimaker 2 was already very silent, the Ultimaker 3 with just 50 dB of noise can be almost considered to be a noiseless 3D printer and as such is ideal to be used in your immediate work environment.
Just like the 2+ Extended this new printer also comes shipped with Ultimaker's own open source software Cura. Now, however, it is version 2 of the most used slicer-software at this time. And in it working in the cloud has been given more attention with features for monitoring your prints remotely and new WiFi/LAN-connectivity. Cura 2 is of course usable on Windows, Linux as well as Mac.
Aside of the Ultimaker 3 Extended you will also find in the packaging:
- Spool holder with NFC cable
- 2x Print Core AA 0.4 mm
- 1x BB Print Core 0.4 mm
- 1x PLA-spool (12.3 Ounces/350 gram)
- 1x PVA-spool (12.3 Ounces/350 gram)
- Ethernet cable
- USB stick
- Toolkit (among others keys, glue stick, calibration card and material guides)
- Test print of your Ultimaker 3 Extended
ULTIMAKER 3 EXTENDED
- Printing technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Layer Resolution: 20-200 / 0.02-0.2 micron / mm
- Filament systeem: Open Open/closed
- Print speed: 30-300 mm3/s
- Number of extruders: 2 (Dual Extruder)
- Software included: Cura
Is there is a 3d printers set you like us to add to our price comparison? Send us an email so we can add your favourite product to our list.